Venus Bay Surf Life Saving Club is run completely by volunteers. From patrol to first aid to committee, all members give up their time freely to provide a safe swimming environment for the community. Without generous donations the club would not be able to patrol beach #1 and conduct the wide range of activities and opportunities that we offer our community.
The Venus Bay Surf Life Saving Club is a registered charity and as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office we can issue receipts for any donation of $2 or more.
To give you an understanding of the cost of essential lifesaving equipment that is required to be on our beaches when they are patrolled, some key items and their cost can be found below:
- All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) - fully equipped $25,000
- Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) - $18,000
- Defibrillator (AED) and Training Unit - $5,000
- Oxy Viva $3,500
- Portable UHF Radio (x 3 on Back Beach) @ $1,300 ea
- Rescue Board (x 4 on Back Beach) @ $1,300 ea
- Training Manikin $550
- Spinal Board $500
- First Aid Kit $400
- Loud Hailer $160
- Rescue Tube $120 ea
- Patrol Pack $50 ea
- Neck Brace $40 ea
- Oxygen Bottle Changeover $40
We welcome donations.
Please contact our Secretary Paul Hoffman if you would like to make a donation on email@example.com